Pregnancy and vacation

Patient

Q: I live in Toronto, Canada. I am currently 5 weeks pregnant. However, prior to this pregnancy I had already booked a vacation to Tokyo Japan in the Last week of December.

My question is, should I still take this trip, given all the issues with radiation issues as a reslt of the earthquake that occured this year . By then I will be in my second trimester.

I have planned this trip for a while to visit my neices in Japan.It would really be a bummer if we cannot go, but then I would understand the risk that I am taking is high for the well-being of the baby

Doctor