Pregnancy at Menopausal Age: Is It Possible?

Patient : I am 51 years old,I know I am at the age of menapause.I had a period in december 2010 and had unprotected sex with my husband nafter.I have not had a period since.I did two home test because I was feeling sick,they were both postive,but I still believed it was impossable because it is unlikely at my age to get pregnant.I went to my GP who done a urin test which came out negative,but sent me for a blood test that two came out negative to.I have put on a stone in weight and look like a six months pregnant women and still growing what do I do,as I feel like I am going crazy as I am beginning to feel movemnets.
Doctor :   As long as a woman has her period, the possibility of getting pregnant is never off the table. You may be at the age of menopause but if your mother had menopause in her mid-50s then it is likely you will have menopause around the same age as she did. If you did conceive last December or January, then it is very possible that the perceived movement is a baby. However, the only confirmatory test for pregnancy is an ultrasound. You may try requesting it from your doctor so that you will know for sure if you are pregnant or not. I think it is reasonable to do this since you have already done urine and blood tests. I wish you luck and take care always.