Pregnancy bed rest and masturbation

Q: I am 32 weeks pregnant and on bed rest for a soft cervix. I had an ultrasound last week and all looked good in terms of length. So I am not shortened any and no dilation or thinning, just soft and has been like that since 26 weeks. I was told no sex but is masturbation safe?

A:   Thank you for your query.
Since the cervix is soft and already you have been cautioned against having sex it is also advisable that your avoid masturbating as well as this may stimulate the uterus & set in labor pain which could ultimately lead to premature delivery. As you are already 32 weeks into the pregnancy it is advisable to be careful.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.