Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy confirmation

Pregnancy confirmation

Patient: Hi Doctor,This month my period got delayed which is generally not the case with me. My LMP date is 16th March. I got a beta HCG test done yesterday (16th April). The value in the result is 829.63. Is it possible that I am pregnant? Please let me know.Thanks.

Symptoms: Delayed period

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Beta HCG levels above 25 mIU/ml should be considered as pos itive for pregnancy only.So, according to your beta HCG levels you should be pregnant with gestational age between 4 to 5 weeks.Better to go for ultrasound after one week to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy and to estimate the gestational age.Take care.

Patient: Thanks a lot for your reply. I visited a doctor in my city yesterday and she confirmed the same.
Thanks again.