Pregnancy confusion and my symptoms

Patient

Q: I haven't had my period for almost 4 months now. it is the first time that this happened to me. i frequently have intercourse with my partner.. now i am wondering if i am pregnant. but here;s the delimma.. i bleed.. but just a drop or two.. then no more.. what do you think is this Doc..? thank you..!!!

Symptoms:  Sometimes i am bloated. i have grown a little bit since the last time i had my period. then i cravve for french fries every 3 in the morning. my head aches frequently and i feel like throwing up.
Doctor

A:   If you have been missing your period for 4 months or so and having all these symptoms, then pregnancy is the first thing that needs to be ruled.
Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine.Although most home urine tests are pretty much the same, specifics may vary and hence it is important to follow manufacturers' instructions. Take the test immediately to know if pregnancy is causing all your symptoms.
If the test is negative you must know that infrequent menses (oligomenorrhea) can be caused by a variety of reasons other than pregnancy. Hormonal imbalances, weight fluctuations, thyroid illness, polycystic ovaries etc. are all causes of oligomenorrhea. To know the exact reason, you will have to consult a gynecologist or a local doctor. The doctor will examine you and will probably advice certain hormonal evaluations, ultrasound examinations to determine the cause of your irregular periods.