Pregnancy despite having a heavy flow five days past a cycle

Patient

Q: My girlfriend and I had sex on Janurary 10th and 19th, both days were expected on her fertile window to be pregnant. She didn't receive her period on her expected cycle but suddenly got it on February 2nd. It was heavy bleeding on the first day, but the next day started to become lighter and lighter until February 9th. She took a pregnancy test on February 6th and it came out as negative. It is the 19th of February by the time I submit this question and she's scared she is pregnant. The test she took was a Dollar Tree brand test called "New Choice" and I'm skeptical if her result is accurate. Is there any sign that she may be pregnant despite having bleeding such as that? I've done my research and found that spotting is a sign of pregnancy, yet she had a "period" where it was a "heavy flow" the first day.

Symptoms:  Stress, depression, slight nausea, soft breasts
Doctor

A:   Hello.

If she has got her menses and which lasted for 7 days all the way, also the urine pregnancy test has been negative , there are no chances that she would be pregnant due to your sexual encounters earlier.
However, the best way to confirm pregnancy is to look for serum beta HCG levels through the lab test If the levels of HCG are more than 1 or raised, then it is likely that she is pregnant. but if the levels are less than 1, pregnancy is completely ruled out .
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.