Pregnancy Doubt or Period

Ask The Doctor > Uncategorized > Pregnancy Doubt or Period

Patient: Ive been having pregnancy like symptoms for the past 2 weeks, i did get my period but im still feeling constantly nauseated, dizzy, super extra sleepy. With my last son i did get my period the 1st two months of my pregnancy.

Symptoms: Nauseated, very sleepy, dizzy

Doctor: Hello,If there had been pregnancy then there would have been no proper menses . However it is always wise to rule it out with a simple urine pregnancy test . If the test is negative then what your are experiencing are premenstrual symptoms which can mimic early pregnancy symptoms and can start a week prior to the onset of menses and may even continue for a week after the menses have stopped.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No