Pregnancy Explanation

Q: I am 35 weeks pregnant and I really would like to understand the whole ovulation and conception concept my last period was in april around the 14th and I would like to best understand when I most possibly conceived because I think they are off a little on my due date of January 19th and I think I got pregnant around may 2nd or after would I be correct thinking that?

Symptoms:  Pregnancy

If your LMP was 14th april 2014, then today on 16th December you are 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant. Your due date as per Naegle's formula would be 21st January 2015.
You have to understand that for all practical purposes the LMP is used as a standard to calculate the period of gestation and therefore the EDD as well.
Even though fertilisation would have taken place after ovulation ( say day 15 of cycle) and implantation at day 20 of cycle , the growth would be according to the date of fertilization, but for calculating the Period of gestation LMP is the benchmark. This is the possible reason why it is always seen that ultrasonological age is lesser than the period of gestation for the same reason.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,