Pregnancy from leftover sperm

Patient

Q: A girl is saying that my boyfriend got her pregnant. We do not believe this because he pulls out early every time (he actually pulls out, masterbates, and then ejaculates). Now, I read that if there was sperm left in the penis from the last ejaculation, it is possible, but very unlikely. Is this true and exactly how slim are the chances?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

If the boy has masturbated outside for ejaculation, then the chances of pregnancy are negligible. But if he has not urinated or cleaned himself before a re-insertion into vagina, then of course the chances are high that she may get pregnant.

Hope this helps.