Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy getting pregnant after depo

Pregnancy getting pregnant after depo

Patient: Hello me and my life partner are trying to conceive this year I have been of depo for about a year now do you have any advice as to what I can do or start taking to conceive faster such as fertility pills or anything?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.To increase the possibility of pregnancy you have to plan unpr otected intercourse around the time of ovulation.Usually in case of 28 to 30 days regular menstrual cycles ovulation will occur around 12th to 18th day. You can also track ovulation with ovulation kits also.If you are having irregular menstrual cycles, you need treatment to correct menstrual cycles first, then you can take tablets for ovulation induction.Folic acid supplementation is advised from now onwards.Take care.