Pregnancy in Perimenopause


Q: I am a 46 year old female and have recently been experiencing symptoms of perimenopause.I would like to become prenant again.Will taking a fertility supplement such as fertilaid help?


A:   I understand your concern about pregnancy. Certainly you might become pregnant but you must understand that due to your age there are increased chances of complications for you and for your baby.
The best advice that I can give you is that you should make an appointment with a Fertility specialist to get an evaluation and physical exam, he or she would be in a more confident position to assist you and answer all your questions after knowing your exact condition and also assist and increase the chances of pregnancy if possible. I wish you the best.

Related Q&A

Q: Hi, I use contraceptives for 2 years. My last period started on September 28. I started a new pack of pills on Octobe...

Q: Hi! I had unprotected sex last October 9, 12, 13, and 14, 2016. All of which without penetration, just rubbing but im...

Q: Hi, My name is Sofia and I am 24 yrs. old. I recently had a blood test and urine test and the result is as follow...

Q: Hey I had protected sex a week after her period ended. She took plan b within 1 hour and she bleed 5 days later. Does...

Q: Hi. I had sex where my partner, and he did not penetrate. Just rubbed his penis on my vulva. He did not ejaculate. Bu...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon