Pregnancy indications

Patient

Q: Hi , Am 26 years old. I had a upset stomach last week with crazy cramps in my abdomen and other sensitive areas along with utter tiredness. I had blood in my stools too. Later on sunday i had a mild period which continued.It is bit lighter than my previous periods and arrived 4-5 days earlier to my cycle. i have a menstrual cycle of 33-36 days. Is it indication of pregnancy ?

Symptoms:  A lighter period that started on sunday . today much more light.
Doctor

A:   Hi,
Abdominal cramps, nausea, tiredness etc symptoms can be seen during early pregnancy but just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion as abdominal cramps, blood in stool etc can be seen in other conditions like constipation, hemorrhoids etc.
Usually minor variations in the onset of menstrual periods and in quantity of menstrual flow can be seen frequently due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, stress and strain, harmonal imbalance etc.
If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test once.
Take care.