Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy miscarriage

Pregnancy miscarriage

Patient: I am 6 weeks 2 days pregnant. Saç present with no fetal pole or heartbeat. Does this imply miscarriage?

Doctor: Hello,If the gestational sac is present and yet there is no fetal pole at 6weeks and 2 days, then it is suggested tha t you wait for another week and repeat the ultrasound to look for fetal pole again, as in cases of delayed conception and fertilization the fetal pole arrives later by 7 weeks.If beyond that no fetal pole or heart activity is noticed or no further growth is noticed , then it should be termed as missed abortion for a chemical pregnancy and thereafter termination of pregnancy can be considered with medical methods under physician’s supervision.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards