Pregnancy or Period? Experiencing blood discharge

Patient : Hi, am I pregnant or having my period? My period is always regular and is due on the 17th. However, there are light spotting 3 days ago and today, the discharge has become heavier with clots found along side with the discharge. My husband and I has always been trying for a baby. Could I be having my period or heavy implantation bleeding?
Symptoms:  Bloating, cramping, fainting
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Minor variations in the length of menstrual cycles, and in quan tity and duration of menstrual flow can be seen usually. Implantation bleeding usually will present as spotting, this much heavy bleeding could be due menstruation or miscarriage. If you want to rule out pregnancy, please go for urine pregnancy test, which can give positive result upto around 15 days after miscarriage. Planning unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation will increase the possibility of pregnancy. Take care.