Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy or something severe

Pregnancy or something severe

Patient: Im 23, my period is 6 days late. I’m constipated and just got a hemroid on the external part of my anus. I had a miscarriage earlier this year due to uterine fibroids. My first pregnancy I had light bleeding. This time there is no bleeding and no sign of any, but their is a white discharge. Do you have any advice on what’s going on with me???!??

Symptoms: Irritable, constipated,

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that you may be pregnant or you may have a contracted a vaginal infection (w hich may be why you are having discharge). If you have had unprotected sexual intercourse, you will need to have a pregnancy test performed by your doctor to determine for certain that you are pregnant. Furthermore, you may need to have a pelvic examination as well as testing samples taken to determine what is causing your discharge, so the appropriate treatment can be prescribedThank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com