Pregnancy Pains and Cramps (Third Trimester)

Patient : I'm 36 weeks pregnant and I have been having cramps in my stomach, as well as sharp pains in my pelvic area. Neither the cramps nor the pain is constant, but they keep coming back. Should I go to the hospital or wait it out?
Symptoms:  Cramps, pelvic pain
Doctor :   Hello, At 36 weeks pregnancy, such sharp pains and contractions are termed as BRAXTON HICK'S contractions and they ar e natural. These are not labour pains or even pre-labour stage. These are irregular, not continuous and infrequent. But if the frequency is increased as in 2-3 contractions in 10 minutes lasting for 30-35 seconds , then they indicate start of pre labour and then you should be reporting to the ER for an evaluation to confirm with a non-stress test machine confirmatively with a tocometer. I hope I have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards