Pregnancy Problems With Fibroids

Patient

Q: "i have a small fibroid at posterior wall of lower uterine segment.my married life is of 13 months. am i not able to conceive?"

Doctor

A:   Uterine fibroids are noncancerous growths of the uterus that often appear during childbearing years. Fibroids usually don't interfere with conception and pregnancy. However, it's possible that the fibroid in the lower uterine segment could interfere with the passage of sperm from the cervix to fallopian tubes also some fibroids may prevent implantation and growth of an embryo, and in these cases, doctors often recommend removing these fibroids before attempting pregnancy.