Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy Question

Pregnancy Question

Patient: I am a 24 years old woman. I had sex with my boyfriend on 25 the of May. We started it without a condom but he ejaculated in a condom. I did not have my periods this month,the expected date was 2nd June. Should I take a pregnancy test?

Doctor: I know your concern about this matter. Surely there are no 100% effective contraceptive methods. Condoms also have their error percentage and especially after ejaculation or before, a small possibility of conception could also be present.I would suggest you to take a home pregnancy test after a week from your menses due date. This would carry more concentration of the pregnancy hormone and would decrease the possibilities of having a False Negative result. If the test is positive, you might also want to confirm it with your primary care physician. I wish you the best.