Pregnancy Questions and Hemmorhaging

Patient

Q: If hemmorhaging in the placenta occurs, can that mean I got pregnant during my menstrual cycle?

Symptoms:  None
Doctor

A:   HELLO,
No , hemorrhaging or placental lakes in the subchorionic region doesn't have anything to do with menses. These may happen in cases of luteal phase defect or in cases of progesterone deficiency where the cytotrophoblasts which extend into the uterine endometrium from placental growth tend to be defective and the sinuses so formed between mother and child had been defective causing some hemorrhage .
The area of hemorrhage is not open for exchange of nutrition and hence sub chorionic hemorrhages are harmful if they continue to bleed and jeopardize the pregnancy . However when the bleeding is stop and placental implantation is complete and no further bleeding is noticed, with due care, rest and monitoring pregnancy can even reach term safely.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you safe pregnancy , regards