Pregnancy: Raw Pasteurized eggs okay?

Patient

Q: Are raw pasteurized eggs okay during pregnancy? i'm craving a caesar salad and the restaurant i'm going to for dinner makes their own dressing using "raw pasteurized eggs".

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
Pregnancy is a state where food cravings are common. If you have a craving for raw pasteurised eggs based dressing in the caesar salad, then you can go ahead and have it safely. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, in-shell pasteurized eggs may be used safely without cooking. For example, they may safely be consumed raw (as in raw cookie dough or eggnog) or in undercooked forms (such as a sunny-side up egg). The chances of using eggs raw is only salmonella infection and pasteurisation prevents that.
There is no restriction of not eating eggs or salad in pregnancy intact once the safety of the food is established, you may go ahead and enjoy your meal without any fear of cross contamination or gastroenteritis infection.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,