Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy related : Early Pregnancy Miscarriage

Pregnancy related : Early Pregnancy Miscarriage

Patient: Hi, I had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks and doctor gave me 3 200mg Mifegest tablets followed by 2 200mg cytolog tablet after 48 hrs. I had bleeding for about 10 days and then it stopped. AS suggested by doctor, i took scan after 14 days and then told me little residue is there and suggested me take cytolog 200mg tablets again. Is it safe and normal. Please answer

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Sometimes with medical termination of pregnancy with pills, there are chances of an inc omplete abortion and some products of conception which may be left behind and picked up in a scan. If left untreated, it will lead to sepsis and prolonged heavy bleeding. To clear it out, the doctor has prescribed CYTOLOG again, which is supposed to be taken for your condition and will surely help, it is safe and you should take it. In case the bleeding gets heavy or products still remain, then a dilatation and curettage may be required.Hope this helped.Regards