Pregnancy risks after history of stroke

Patient

Q: I am a 25 year old female who recently had an ischaemic stroke. I am interested in having kids in the next few years. What risks are involved in getting pregnant affter having a stroke?

Doctor

A:   The Pelvicalyceal system would be considered the collection system of the urine within the Kidney. Usually when this is dilated, a suspicion of obstruction after the kidney is made. Since your imaging studies showed minimal fullness of this system, I would suggest talking to your physician about possible calculus and to evaluate the function of your kidney. I hope I cleared your doubt.