Pregnancy scare and missed periods.

Patient

Q: My girlfriend and I are sexually active, we always use condoms and check them afterwards to make sure they havent broken. We did have unprotected sex once back in October/November but I pulled out. She missed her November period and I got really scared, luckily she had her period in late December. She has missed several periods ever since she started having them. We have only ever has cautious, protected sex from then on, but she missed her January period and still hasn't had her February period and I am starting to get scared again, is there a possibility the December bleed wasn't actually a period and that she could be 3 months pregnant? She's told me that she feels no different whatsoever. She's gained no weight and has had no symptoms

Symptoms:  None - Anxiety
Doctor

Firstly it is unlikely tat she is pregnant for 3 months and she can't make out any changes in herself. Moreover, she had a menstrual bleed in December which rules out pregnancy. It is likely that your partner is suffering from irregular menses or intact delayed menses. This can be a part of PCOS syndrome or just stress related. If the irregularity is persistent, then it is important to rule out pregnancy first with a urine pregnancy test. Once ruled out she should be evaluated for PCOS with a hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis to look for polycystic ovaries. If there are no hormonal discrepancies notes like hyperandrogenism, hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, then the menstrual pattern can be attributed to stress-induced hormonal imbalances which can cause delay in cycles. Stress can be social, psychological, professional, can cause emophysical, physical , all a hormonal imbalance and a change in menstrual pattern.
So it is best to wait for 15 days post menstrual period due date for arrival of menses, if not resumed then she may opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins to resume her menses.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.
Wishing you good health.