Pregnancy scare during hormonal birth control cycle

Q: Hi is my girlfriend pregnant? She has been experiencing vaginal bleeding today.

Symptoms:  So she uses hormonal birth control and up until the 13th pill she missed a couple pills but made up for them appropriately. During this time there was no sexual activity. Between the 13th and the 17th pill she missed one presumably the 15th and there was only sexual activity the last two days and that too with adequate condom protection and birth control pills. She missed a pill and made up for it by taking two the next day(today). However she has been experiencing vaginal bleeding without any pain today and we are worried. She was 5 days away from the last week of the placebos in her hormonal pill cycle.