Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy scare, unprotected sex

Pregnancy scare, unprotected sex

Patient: I had unprotected sex last night. And am worried of my chances becoming pregnant. He did not ejaculate and it was only for a short time. I have been tracking my period and ovulation/fertile days and my last fertile day was 3/4 days ago. Could I get pregnant?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf you have been in your fertile period and had unprotected intercour se, then even if he didnt ejaculate inside , still there are chances that you may get pregnant with his pre-cum which also contains sperms. It is advised that you may consider opting for emergency contraception within 72 hours of intercourse to protect yourself. Following which your withdrawal bleed may start after 5-6 days and that would ensure safety from pregnancy.I hope i have answered your queries in detail,wishing you good health,regards