Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy sex birth control

Pregnancy sex birth control

Patient: Hello, me and my boyfriend hadn’t had sex or done anything for 2 weeks, Friday we had sex and before he went in he was a little wet from precum at the top or head , do you think i could be pregnant?

Symptoms: No symptoms

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.comIf you were in your fertile period and not been on any from of contra ception then there is a possibility that you may get pregnant with precum as it contains sperms as well along with prostatic fluid. It was advisable that you should have take emergency contraception measures, but now its late and more than 72 hours. So , the best way to rule out pregnancy would be to perform a serum beta hcg test on day24-26 and if the values are found raised then pregnancy is a liklihood.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you health ,regards