Pregnancy - Spina Bifida detected during 16th week Ultrasound

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor, we had unplanned pregnancy and it was detected during 8th week. We were not sure if to continue the pregnancy. We had discussions at home and that caused emotional stress from 9th week through 12th week. During 17th week, ultrasound detected baby has Spina Bifida myelomeningoecle at L4-5. As this pregnancy was unplanned, I was not taking Prenatal vitamin until 8th week but after that I started taking prenatal vitamins. my question, is emotional stress during 9th-12th week caused the Spina Bifida or lack of vitamins before conception caused it?

Doctor

Patient: I am still waiting for responses