Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy spot bleeding

Pregnancy spot bleeding

Patient: I am about 3-4 weeks pregnant I am getting quite a lot of spot bleeding wnd it is getting more and more its not all the time I wipe but is becoming more often.. This is also around the time I would normally get a period but worried that this could be a sign of miscarriage?

Symptoms: Spot bleeding early on in pregnancy

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Sometimes in early pregnancy spotting can be seen around the time of usual menstruation.This can occur because small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate the uterine cavity.But sometimes miscarriage also can present with bleeding per vaginum.So, better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By examination and ultrasound the possible cause of your problem can be identified and management can be planned accordingly.Take care.