Pregnancy symptom or yeast infection?

Patient

Q: Thick white vaginal discharge after sex, itchy off and on and no burning sensation when I pee, could this be a sign of pregnancy or is it just a yeast infection?

Symptoms:  itchy, discharge
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query

Thick white vaginal discharge towards the expected date of menstrual cycle could be an early pregnancy symptom or a pre menstrual cycle symptom as well. But if it is itchy then there are more chances of it being an yeast infection. However if you don’t get your period even after 7 to 10 days past the expected date of menstrual cycle opt for home pregnancy test.

Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.