Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy symptoms after tubes tied?

Pregnancy symptoms after tubes tied?

Patient: I got my tubes tied 07/27/14 well this month me and my boyfriend been having unprotected sex and I been having pregency side effects wat that mean

Symptoms: Headache,stomach hurts,white milky discharge,dizzy and nauseous

Doctor: Hello,If you have already undergone tubal ligation , the chances of failure in permanent sterilization is very less, even less than 1. However , headache, dizziness and nausea may as well form a part of symptom complex of premenstrual syndrome which mimic early pregnancy symptoms. The white milky discharge per vaginum if not accompanied by itching then its the normal excess physiological discharge , again part of PMS.Though the best way to rule out pregnancy if the doubt exists is to perform a serum beta hcg test and look for raised levels . If the levels are less than 1 , then pregnancy is ruled out. In that case , the symptoms are possibly due to PMS, indicating that your menses shall resume in few days.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards