Pregnancy symptoms have largely disappeared

Patient

Q: I am about 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant. At 5 weeks exactly, my symptoms went away (bloating, breast tenderness, fatigue). I do not have any cramping or spotting, but am worried that I have miscarried. What can I do?

Symptoms:  Lack of pregnancy symtoms
Doctor

A:   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

If you have been confirmed for pregnancy and you are already 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant with no history of bleeding or spotting since pregnancy then it is unlikely that you may have aborted at all. The pregnancy symptoms, their timing and intensity vary from patient to patient.

The progesterone levels rise as pregnancy progresses and hence the pregnancy symptoms like sore breast, bloating and fatigue may reduce as the pregnancy grows unlike during menses or progesterone withdrawal. So relax and don't panic in this regard. Anyways an ultrasound would have to be done at 6-7 weeks period of gestation for dating scan and confirming foetal viability, that is when you can be sure of your pregnancy and its viability.

I hope i have answered your query,
Wishing you safe pregnancy,