Pregnancy symptoms, negative test?

Patient

Q: Hello my names Michel , Im 21 years old. I have had irregular periods since i was young (11 years old) and i had unprotected sex on the 21st of dec and my boobs have gotten really sore and my appetite has changed, I took a pregnant test when i came home from work but it was negative, did i test to soon?

Symptoms:  Very sore boobs, change of appetite, light headedness
Doctor

A:   Hi,
If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.
But as you are having irregular periods it is difficult to guess the period of ovulation.
Just by symptoms we cannot come to one conclusion regarding pregnancy.
For accurate result you can do the urine pregnancy test one week after missed periods or three weeks after intercourse.
Take care.