Pregnancy symptoms with breast pain and slight heart burn.

Patient

Q: Hello ,

I have a question regarding confirming pregnancy. I have doubts that I may be pregnant, I did 3 blood tests and all were negative, I even had periods but my breast is hurting alot can I still be pregnant ?

Symptoms:  Breast pain
Doctor

Thanks for considering askthedoctor.com for an opinion.
It is to be understood that If you have not missed your periods and have had them on time and your 3 urine pregnancy tests have been negative, they confirmatively rule out pregnancy then. The symptoms of breast soreness and gastritis or heart burn are a part of PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME which is a symptom complex popularly known as PMS , which occurs few days prior to the onset of menses and can even last few days after the menses have ended.
The prime cause for the same is hormonal readjustments or imbalances which occur at the time of menstruation in terms of progesterone withdrawal and thereby its low levels. The symptoms usually mimic early pregnancy symptoms but in absence of pregnancy diagnosis is confirmed. They may present with nausea, headache, vomiting, mood swings, cramps,sore/tender breasts and nipples, increased frequency of urine, gastritis, lower abdominal ache and backpain.
The PMS symptoms can be easily tided over by using NSAIDS and antispasmodics or simply hot fomentation of lower abdomen, with antiemetics for nausea . If the symptoms are uncontrollable , then you may opt to take tab mefenamic acid , available on prescription, which can treat your breast soreness and pain .
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards