Pregnancy test positive, but spotting for 2 weeks !!

Patient : Positive pregnancy test but have been spotting for almost two weeks without any cramping. Could this mean miscarriage?
Symptoms:  Spotting
Doctor :   Early pregnancy haemorrhage is experienced by many, most of which end up with an uneventful perinatal outcome. In some, however, bleeding heralds an impending miscarriage. Cramps add to that danger. Sometimes progesterone supplementations are used by doctors to improve outcome in these cases. Any bleeding in pregnancy is a possible medical emergency; so please consult your healthcare provider for recommendation specific to your circumstances.