Pregnancy Test Question

Patient

Q: I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I think I could be pregnant, & if so that means i'm about 8-11 weeks along. I've had my period but it's been very very irregular (which is abnormal for me) & I also keep track of it so I know when it's supposed to start. I say all this to say do I still need to wait until the day before my period to take a pregnancy test or does it not matter since i'd already be so far along? Thank you for your time!

Symptoms:  Nausea, fatigue, extreme PMS, irregular periods, & painful breasts.
Doctor