Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy tests showing different results

Pregnancy tests showing different results

Patient: Could I be pregnant? The Home test was positive the doctors blood test was negative but I am feeling a bunch of strange movements and my first child did not show up on any tests till I was almost 8 months pregnant

Doctor: Since your tests are showing mixed results, I would advise that you wait for 2 weeks before doing another pregnancy test . Sometimes the pregnancy hormones do not reach a sufficient level to be detected in the tests. You can ask your doctor for a quantitative hCG test to confirm pregnancy. I hope this helps, take care.