Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy Travel – Can I travel

Pregnancy Travel – Can I travel

Patient: Hi, if you’re 38 years old and having my an otherwise healthy first pregnancy, at the beginning of your third trimester, can you travel via train for 1 day and be away from your personal doctor for 3 days? Train has a private sleeper car with bed.

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,If you are in your early third trimester and not a high risk pregnancy with adequate cervical length to refute any preterm labour, then it would be safe to travel in a private sleeper car in train for a day. you may travel and only thing you should concerned about is that you should watch your step while climbing and avoid any kind of jerks and pushes. It should be safe.i hope I have answered your query,wishing you a safe pregnancy,regards