Pregnancy when using birth control and antibiotics

Q: I have been on birth control for almost 4 years and i'm not sure if i can even get pregnant becasue ive been using it so long. but i got told if you are on antibiotic and bc your bc wont work. i had sex on antibiotic and as soon as i got off of them i have been off of them for a week is it possible for me to be pregnant?.. if so when should i take a test?

A:   There is a small chance that an antibiotic may interact with the birth control pill and reduce its effectiveness. It is difficult for me to tell whether you are pregnant or not. A home pregnancy test will certainly confirm pregnancy. It is best to do the test 2 weeks after unprotected sex. All the best.