Pregnancy: Where do we gain inches/weight when pregnancy?

Q: I'm 17 weeks pregnant and I'm defined as "morbidly obese". Even before pregnancy, on and off, I'd go walking and exercise - basically, I had my moments of attempted weight loss. From oct 2013-march 2014 I'd lost 30in/30lbs and march 2014 to march 2015 I gained 10inches back.... I understand with pregnancy, we gain in inches - which is how I always measure myself, as I don't have a scale and saw more results with measuring than with weighing. Surprisingly, I'm back to where I was when I first started to lose weight, but only gained 10/30 inches back in a year....

This being said, if one eats healthy, exercises, does EVERYTHING RIGHT during pregnancy - will they still gain inches?
I'm not eating 100% perfectly, but I'm not eating over 1500 calories, exercising but nothing more than 20 minutes a day via walking or actual exercise (because my ob/gyn recommended I not, but I'm 270lbs with pregnancy right now. that's 18lbs gained through pregnancy in 17weeks)....I'm measuring, trying lightly - but even if everything is done right, what is gained in inches?
the neck, biceps, waist, hips, chest, thighs, calves - what gains, or are all going to go up from all of the water and hormones and etc?

just nervous and wanting to know something, because I don't want to gain too much, or at all, after I give birth (because of pregnancy)

Symptoms:  Stress/worry/concern