Pregnancy with HCG qualitative -ve?

Q: Im a 25 year old female with regular periods 28 days i started my last one on the 9th of feb and ended on the 13th ive had an intercourse on the 22nd of the same month and i had a bad cold/flu which lasted about 5 days on the start of this month which i had to take some antibiotics to .now i've missed my period for over 9 days and ive had a hcg qualitative blood test which came out negative am i pregnant?

Symptoms:  None

A:   Hi,

Though you had intercourse around the expected time of ovulation, that may not lead to pregnancy always.
As your blood test for pregnancy gave negative result even nine days after missed period, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
Recent illness, stress and strain, weight changes, lifestyle modifications etc can affect the menstrual cycles.
Better to wait for one more week, possibly you may get periods by that time.
If you do not get periods even after one week, please do consult your doctor, undergo ultrasound to find out the possible cause of delayed periods and to rule of the possibility of pregnancy and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.

Take care