Pregnancy with heart palpitation concerns

Q: I am 25 weeks pregnant. about 3 weeks ago i was in a store and felt really hot and sweaty, dizzy, my heart was pounding and i then passed out. since then i my heart has been racing and i get these flutters in my chest and it feels like my heart has stopped but then i feel a thump and it beats fast again. is this normal during pregnancy?

Symptoms:  Racing heart, heart flutters, feels like heart stops.

A:   Hell ,
Its a great thing that you sort help from us. The symptoms you have mentioned are not normal during a pregnancy and warrant immediate attention. The possibilities could be thyroid dysfunction, arrhythmia of the heart or an underlying cardiac disorder along with pregnancy. Also, a change in blood pressure and blood sugars may also lead to these symptoms.The other possibility is a panic attack or anxiety which is unlikely if you have not had any such episodes earlier. Kindly see a gynecologist at the earliest and get yourself examined, as this may have an effect on the outcome of pregnancy and the growth of the baby. make sure you drink lots of water and you are not dehydrated.
Hope this helped