Pregnancy with Schizophrenia

Patient : Is it safe to go for pregnancy for woman who is taking sizopin 25 mg daily from last 10 years, What are side effects to child in this case. please advise. Husband and wife both are getting treated for schizophrenia and leaving normal life. Gynec says that stop taking sizopin tablet to continue pregnancy, if we continue this medicine what will be side effect to this pregnancy and upcoming child. Is this life threat if we continue with this pregnancy. Please assist and advice.
Symptoms:  Schizophrenia treatment going on
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Sizopin contains clozapine, which belongs to category B drugs in pregnancy, means animal studies have failed to demonstrate adverse effects on fetus whereas sufficient human studies are lacking. So, if your doctor who prescribed the drugs recommends to continue, your wife may continue. But your wife needs regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations especially TIFA (Targeted imaging for fetal anomalies) scan and quadruple blood test at around 18 to 20 weeks to rule out any possible anomalies at the earliest. And she has to take folic acid supplementation regularly. Take care.