Pregnancy with subserous myoma

Q: My sister in law is pregnant for 8 weeks & 4days here's the ultrasound result single live intrauterine pregnancy 8 wks and 4 days AOGO by crown rump length, no subchononic hemorage, t-shape cervix measuring 3.3 in length, normal ovaries wd corpus luteum on the right.. with posterior subserous myoma 8.6x7cm and4x4cm.. What is the effect of the myoma in her pregnancy, will there be complications, it is her 5th child thanks

Thanks for the query,

The fibroid is large and if she wouldn't have been pregnant, a subserous fibroid removal would have been advised before conception. But now such option is gone as any surgery now would be a bloody surgery and may jeopardize the foetus, so not to be undertaken.
The solacing part is that it is a subserous fibroid which should not cause any problem with the growth of the foetus but as the pregnancy shall grow, it can cause increased pressure symptoms and pain in the lower abdomen and often preterm delivery or info-ordinate uterine contractions at term.
Ideally the fibroid flattens and reduces in size during pregnancy but to an extent only, so this simply needs to be followed up on a monthly basis and to look for the foetal viability.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.