Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Pregnancy101 Sex and Questions

Pregnancy101 Sex and Questions

Patient: I am on the Nexplanon implant. I had unprotected sex twice with my boyfriend. He came in me both times. I missed my period. Couple days later I am having lower stomach pain sore nibbles and a little Nausea. Could I be pregnant.

Symptoms: Lower stomach pain sore nibbles and a little Nausea

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.As you are on Nexplanon contraception, the possibility of preg nancy is less.Abdominal cramps, nipple tenderness, nausea, irregular menstrual periods etc symptoms could be due to side effects of Nexplanon.If you want to be sure regarding pregnancy, go for urine pregnancy test three weeks after intercourse to rule out the possibility.Take care.