x
Browse
157 Physicians Online

Question:

Pregnant after tummy tuck

I had a tummy tuck 8 months ago and I am now 5 weeks pregnant(unexpectedly), should I expect any complications or differences from my first pregnancy?

Answer:

Abdominoplasty, "Tummy tuck," involves surgically removing excess skin and fat from the middle and lower part of the abdomen and sometimes tightening the abdominal muscles.
Although most plastic surgeons and specialists agree that it is best to have this surgery performed after pregnancy, there are many women who do have pregnancies after tummy tuck surgery without experiencing any problems throughout the whole procedure. The newborn baby's health is generally not complicated because of abdominoplasty surgery.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA