Pregnant after two months of receiving chicken pox shot

Patient: Is it safe to get pregnant after two months from chicken pox shot?

Doctor: Ideally it is recommended that you avoid pregnancy for the next three months after receiving the shot of chicken pox, bu t no side effects on the fetus has been reported till date, although theoretically risks to the developing fetus may exist. Also studies suggests that it could be safe to get pregnant after the completion of the first month after the shot. So pregnancy after two months may be safe, although risks to your baby do exists in theory.Ideally it is recommended that you avoid pregnancy for the next three months after receiving the shot of chicken pox, but no side effects on the fetus has been reported till date, although theoretically risks to the developing fetus may exist. Also studies suggests that it could be safe to get pregnant after the completion of the first month after the shot. So pregnancy after two months may be safe, although risks to your baby do exists in theory.

Guest: My period is late. I may have become pregnant day 10 after having mmrv shot, I’m 41.