Pregnant and Father has Liver Problems

Patient : I am 6 weeks pregnant. The father has liver problems, will that affect the fetus
Doctor :   Depending on the cause of the liver condition of the father, a possibility of inheritance can be seen especially if the disease cause is genetic and not acquired. Genetic Diseases that affect the liver and its function might be transmitted such as Diabetes. On the other hand diseases like hepatitis due to virus or alcohol might not cause any problems in your son. Certainly it would be best to know the exact condition of your husband and consult it with your physician. I wish you a successful pregnancy.