Pregnant and worried!! dont have a doctor!

Q: Almost 16 weeks pregnant and having a mild pain in my lower belly that comes and goes. Also, only lasts for just a second or so. Just wanted to know if this is normal or something that has to be looked at?

Symptoms:  Mild pain in lower belly that lasts for only a second or so, comes and goes.

A:   Hi,
The possible causes of your lower abdominal pain are stretching of round ligament, pressure on surrounding abdominal organs, constipation, urinary tract infections etc.
After 12 weeks of gestation uterus becomes abdominal organ.
That lead to stretching of round ligaments.
Because of this occasional pain abdomen can be experienced.
Growing uterus can exert pressure on surrounding organs.
That may also present as pain abdomen.
Constipation is a common complaint in pregnancy which can also lead to pain abdomen.
Urinary tract infections, renal stones etc can also presents with pain abdomen.
If you are not having symptoms like spotting,continuous pain etc, there is less possibility for miscarriage.
If pain persists better to consult your doctor and get examined to find out the cause and get treated.
Take care.