Pregnant but not fetal pole yet at 7 weeks

Q: Hi I had a scan the Gsd states 7wks 1 day. Result says gravid uterus with a single intra uterine gestation sac. No fetal pole or activity within the sac yet but a small yolk sac is sighted within the gestational sac which wasn't seen 5 days earlier. Says cervix is closed, both adnexae are free the pouch of douglas is free of fluid also. Please is there hope with this?

Symptoms:  Spotting not enough to fill a pant liner

At 7 weeks size of gestational sac, if there has been a yolk sac which has developed in last 5 days then yes there is a chance of developing a fetal pole. You must wait for atleast 2 eeks and follow up with an ultrasound for checking again. Late fertilization and ovulation can cause delayed appearance of fetal pole and if there has been no bleeding or threatened abortion , then it would be wise to wait and not take decisions about failed pregnancy in haste.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you a safe pregnancy,