Pregnant? IUD? Child 7 months ago?

Patient

Q: Hey thank you for being here to answer my questions.
I have been having some symptoms lately, I had a child 7 months ago, but recently this week I have had some really weird symptoms.
I've had, a one day period, mucousy discharge for a few days, brown discharge, then I had breast milk in my nipples.
I have the IUD. Do you think I am pregnant? I took a test it was negative, and lately I have been getting really bad dizzy spells and nausea. I have really bad teeth pain and tiredness. However I have been chewing my nails bloody, and cant sleep. So I am wondering what you think.

Thank you :)~ A very concerned young mother

Symptoms:  I have been having some symptoms lately, I had a child 7 months ago, but recently this week I have had some really weird symptoms.
I have the IUD. Do you think I am pregnant? I took a test it was negative, and lately I have been getting really bad dizzy spells and nausea. I have really bad teeth pain and tiredness. However I have been chewing my nails bloody, and cant sleep.
Doctor

The chances of you being pregnant ae minimal simply because you have been on an IUD and your recent pregnancy test have been negative. The possible cause of symptoms that you are experiencing is more likely to be premenstrual syndromic complex which can mimic early pregnancy symptoms but indicate that your menses are to ensue in next few days. Though you had spotting and increased mucous discharge for a day, which would have otherwise in absence of an IUD would have led to a suspicion of an implantation bleed but with discharge through nipples indicating increased prolactin levels can cause irregularity in menses.
For allaying your anxiety, it is suggested that you undertake a serum beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy and if negative then need not do anything but wait for your menses to return inflow naturally. Maintain a menstrual calendar for next 3 months to understand the pattern of bleed hence which shall help in formulating a diagnosis.

Hope this helps.